Wednesday, November 23, 2011

C4T #4 Post #2

 On my first one I wrote on an article called Paper reinforcers by See Mary Teach. Where she talked
about where she is a procrastinator and that she has ADHD but never got diagnosed with it because back then they never diagnosed girls. She then goes on to say that she can cook and remember ever ingredient and knit a pair of sock from start to finish but to read a book and then have to do a presentation afterwards she then shut down. She then goes on to say that she started listening to a podcast called Back to Work with Merlin Mann & Dan Benjamin and she felt a connection with them because they were nerds and she felt like she was a nerd/geek. So she started listening to all of there podcasts. Then she says that she tell her student to write stories. And they can keep them or they can throw them away it is up to them because it is just they they are getting the practice of writing. They need to practice writing if they every want to overcome there fear of writing. She then Quotes her favorite "E M Forster who pondered "How do I know what I think until I see what I say?" She then says that you don't truly understand yourself until you get it down on paper and maybe there is a reason why you avoid doing that maybe there are things you aren't ready to understand.  Then she talks about her students and how you might make mistakes while you are teaching them but it is ok. But when students make mistakes it helps them grow. Her article was very interesting .

My comment to her was....

I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. And I really enjoyed reading your posted.  I understand that I am going to make mistakes and I will have to learn to deal with it and not go crazy.  As a teacher I want to learn the students and broaden there minds with knowledge. I understand that I may teach the wrong things but sometimes I might pick the right thing and hopefully it will work for them. And if it doesn't I will reteach it cause that is why we are here for. Right!!!! My first year teaching I pan to sit down with my students   
and get a feel for them and also find out what they want to learn that year. That may benefit them. I to understand that every school has rules and procedures but I also know that I should get to know the kids my first year and not have them scared of me the first year I teach. Building trust in the children is always good.    Thank you so much for letting me have the opportunity to read your post I enjoyed it. 



My next post was on an article called Shrugging off cynicism by See Mary Teach. And in this article she went to Paris with her mom and her partner. And she had an amazing,fun, frustrating, and exhausting time. The reason why she said all of that was because there was so much poverty in Paris and she just didn't like seeing in. She didn't want to buy anything for herself because she felt to ashamed that she had money and they didn't. She went on to say that when she was growing up that her mom worked two jobs to support them because her dad was out of work. And that her and her mom are very close.  That they walked all over the place in Paris and her mom never once complain about hr feet hurting or anything. She is very proud of her mom. And that she is learning from her mom and will continue to learn from her and her children that she teach. 

My comment to her was...

My comment

Hi my name is Vicki Nelson  I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I just wanted to tell you that I was very touch by your article that you had wrote.  I to am very close to my mother and she also work very hard when I was young. However she work 4 jobs to support us because my mother and father divorced and she was our only income.  And there was 6 of use kids but we all helped each other. I did all the cooking though. I guess that is why everyone likes for me to cook every holiday now. At lest they liked my cooking. But I to understand I don't like to see poverty either. I think there is so much out there that their shouldn't be poverty. I think that these people that are under these bridges can find jobs they are just plum to lazy to get out there and get one. It isn't that someone wont hire them they wont go find a job. If they would look for a job there wouldn't be so much poverty.  But I understand to that there are so sick people to and they can't get help. And they should. We were considered low income but you know what I am making something of myself. And I am not going to let my kids be considered low income because I know what I had to go thru and I don't want them to have to go thru the same thing. I want to teach my students that they should always stand high and believe in there self because if they believe in there self they will be something one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment