Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Blog Post 14


On the web page Technology and Education "Box of Trick" by Jose Picardo. Was a very interest page and elaborating. I was able to get a lot of interest information from his website. As I was looking down the long list of resources that he had available for use their were a couple that interest me the most. Well I say their a couple let me get started. First the Kerpoof-where the students could draw, listen to stories, create cartoons, and animation. Then Hot Potatoes- where it helps me make up quizzes,multiple choices questions, and crossword puzzles. And we have Quizlet-where it allows you to create and share flashcards on the whiteboard. And or course we all love the Wordle- an excellent source for text analysis. And I think that the older students would love to use the Time-toast-to create an interactive timeline on different current events or even on your own life. And another favorite is Yacapaca- another source where it helps you create quizzes,test,surveys,and e-portfolios.

But some of my favorites that I think that I could actually use in the special ed class room is the Story-bird- where you create short visual,digital stories which can can be shared and embedded into their blogs and wiki. And also the SwitchZoo- where you create animals and switch their parts. This program will play games, music, animal voices, poetry, stories, and you can also plan your lesson plans thru it. And another favorite that I didn't even know even existed is the Teachertube. I will probably use a lot incase I need help. Maybe I can type someone their and they will respond back in a hurry. I really liked Mr. Picardo's website because it gave me a lot of good information that I can use in my future teaching career.


I am also going to post his Top 10 Tips.
1. Use stream video.
2. Use music more often. (teenagers love music)
3. Use teleconferencing tools (Skype-you can interact with other schools/countries)
4. Create your own interactive exercises. (make your own exercises)
5. Use your interactive whiteboard more effectively.
6. Create your own podcast. (audacity)
7. Start a blog or a wiki. (a fantastic way to show pupils work and achievements)
8. Use social networks (But you have to watch closely using Facebook and make sure that you separate you personal one from your class one)
9. Use internet tools.
10. Make the most of your pupils gadgets.(because children love to come to school if they get to bring there IPod or their Nintendo DS).

I will most definitely remember all of these tips when I start teaching my first year because taking EDM310 has enlightened me to all of the new technology out their that I want to try it all. I want to start a blog in my class room so that all of my students can have the enjoyment of seeing other students from other countries. Thank you Dr Strange for teaching me all of the new technology that I didn't know before.

No comments:

Post a Comment