Wednesday, November 9, 2011

C4K #10 Assignment Part 1



As I was visiting Mrs. Yollis 3rd Grade class I realized that she taught eleven girls and eleven boys that were very athletic and loved sports. But one of there favorite things they love to do it blog. Mrs. Yollis has been teaching for 25 years. Mrs. Yollis spent three summers teaching in Spain. And she loves to travel. She works a lot with a teacher in Australia named Kathleen Morris in some educational podcasting. When the time zone is right they Skype each other in the classroom in the children talk with each other. I love her website page because it lets the parents visit the page and play with the kids to see if the really understood that they learned that ay. I will most definitely try to have this in my class because I want my parents involved in the students progress. I like the way she has it all set up. I like the time zone of friends because that teaches the children the different times that the other students are in school and if the came talk to them on Skype. I love the video that she made about California because I have never been there and it tells me a little bit about it. I never knew about a Death Valley. I wish I could see the Golden Gate Bridge. I am want to thank her for all the wonderful educational blogging insights
I saved them for future references. Mrs. Yollis does a lot with her students you can tell from the blog and I am hoping that one day I turn out to be a great teacher like her.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Vicki. My name is Mary LaCoste, and I am one of your fellow EDM 310 classmates. I totally agree with you about how impressed you were with Mrs. Yollis's classroom blog. It was just amazing! She is really a wonderful teacher who is certainly dedicated to her students and to incorporating technology into her classroom. I was just astonished at some of the things her third graders are doing. I bet one day you can be a wonderful teacher too. Keep up all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete