Wednesday, November 2, 2011

C4K Summary Post Oct


Semi Finals - All Blacks vs Australia was the first class that I commented on by Room 3 Point View School. It was a pretty cool looking picture on there web page cause they had different hair do's. And they were imitating the players. It was pretty cool. They had posted a comment that there was a game on that night against the All Blacks and the Rugby World Cup which was the toughest Australian team ever.

And then this is what I had commented....
My name is Vicki Nelson I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. You kids look awesome in those pictures. What are the All Blacks and what do they play is it a soccer game of some sort. I love the way you made your different hair do's. They looked Awesome. So can you tell me who ended up winning the All Blacks or the Australia's.





My next class I commented on was in two parts the first part was on a girl name Sydnie in Mrs. Gregory Class that loves Science and the topic of her blog was What makes Lightning Bugs. That day in science class they had discussed things they don’t know about. They had decided to look up what makes a lightning bug glow. And here is what they found out about the lightning bug. Lightning bugs are beetles that carry a special chemical inside of there abdomen. When the lightning bug breathes (oxygen) the air and chemical combine and make a light. That light is used to attract mates, when the male sees a female (lightning bug) the male flashes his light. After that the female flashes her light, this tells the male lightning bug where the female lightning bug is. Then they asked if we thought lightning bugs were interesting bug? Why or Why not?

My comment was...
Hi my name is Vicki Nelson I am in EDM310 in the University of South Alabama. And I was reading your story on what makes lightning bugs glow. And it was very interesting I didn’t know that about that lightning bugs. I do think that lightning bugs are interesting. I have property near the river and when it is dark out side my kids like to catch them. We like to put them in a little jar and see how long they will glow. Well it was really nice talking to you I will have to come back again and see what other kind of science stuff you come up with.



The second part to the was on a girl named Paige in Mrs Gregory Class that was talking about Teens Against Bullying. She wrote on her blog where they started a Group called (TAB)Teens Against Bullying. And that they meet every Tuesday. They talk about how they can prevent bullying. I believe they have different group because she is in a group called the crimson group. The following Tuesday they were going to have a contest to see who had the most members wear there group color. She also stated that TAB was a place where people could speak up for there self if someone is bullying them. She couldn't wait for the first meeting to come up.

My comment was...
My name is Vicki Nelson I am a student from the University of South Alabama. I am so proud that you all started Teens Against Bullying. Because bullying is so wrong. People’s feels get hurt when other people talk about them and it isn’t fun. There are some mean people in this world and they should be punished. So I am so happy that you are on the right side of it. Well it was nice talking to you. Keep up the good work.


The next student I commented on was a little girl named Karla in Mr C's Grade 8th 6th Hour and the name of her blog was called My Story. She started of by saying that there once was a girl named Yengshi and Alex. And in her story they decide to go to a spooky house. But they didn't know that the house was located in the cemetery. As they were walking threw the cemetery they felt something behind them when they turned around someone hit them in the face with a stick. The next morning they woke up and they were in a room that was dark. They got scared because they were tied up against poles after that day they were never found again!!!!

My comment to that was....
HI MY NAME IS VICKI NELSON I AM CURRENTLY GOING TO THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA.AND YOUR STORY IS VERY INTERESTING. ARE YOU SCARED OF CEMETERIES. I WOULD NEVER GO THREW A CEMETERY IN THE DARK EVER CAUSE I AM SCARED OF THEM. I GUESS IT IS CAUSE I WATCHED ALL THOSE SCARY MOVIES WHEN I WAS YOUNG. WHEN YOU WROTE THIS STORY HAD YOU WATCHED A MOVIE OR JUST READ A SCARY BOOK. IS THAT WHAT BROUGHT IT TO YOUR ATTENTION. WELL IT WAS VERY NICE TALKING TO YOU. KEEP WRITING IT BRIGHTENS YOUR MIND.


My last student of the month I commented on was Zane from Rm 9 @ Pt England School and the name of his blog was called Zane's NZ Animation. Zane had drawn a picture of a picture of a landmark found in New Zealand. And we were suppose to guess what it was. He shared with us a little part of a video on what he knows about it. And we were suppose to leave a comment about something we know about it.

This was my comment....
Hi Zane , My name is Vicki Nelson and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I just wanted to tell you that I loved your drawing of the Cathedral Square. It was beautiful. I am so sorry that it got damaged by the earthquake. I hope that no one got hurt. I hate earthquakes. We don't have them where I live. I live near the Gulf of Mexico, however we do have hurricanes. and they are bad but we don't have them every year either. So that is a plus. I also noticed that you won in your cross country race. I am so happy for you keep up the good work. Well it was really nice talking to you I will checking in with you later and see if you have drawn anymore pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment