Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Summary Post C4T Teacher #3




On October 21 I commented on The Parent's View, the first one I commented on was about Requirements, Requirements, Requirements. And the No Child Left Behind Act. Mrs. Martha explains how teachers are taken for granted. No one really realizes how much work teachers have to do and what guidelines they have to follow. She then goes on and talks about what the states requires of the teachers. All states have there own course of study which teachers have to follow and if they don't then they will get fired. Yes that is what she said they will get fired can you believe that. She then talks about a pacing system that is required that you have to follow. That doesn't really make since because you teach these kids the information so fast that they don't even have time to understand the information. Then she went on talking about Grants. When you receive a grant they to have requirement that you have to meet. With grants they come with a pacing guide and requirement, however may not meet state standards. So then the teacher has to figure out what is missing and fill in the blanks so that both the grant and state standards all met.
She then talks about classrooms that are all mixed up with special ed students and general ed student all in one class. And the state requires the teacher to get the test done by the deadline whether there is general ed or special ed in the class. So then she talks about how you should really thank your child's teacher every day because they really do a lot for your kids. Don't wait for teacher appreciation day do it just because.

This is what she quoted:
"Student teachers if you are not proactive and extremely organized go ahead and choose another career because this one is not for you."

This was my comment to her on Oct 21.

MY NAME IS VICKI NELSON I AM CURRENTLY GOING TO THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA. I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU THANK YOU. YOU ARE SO RIGHT EVERY TEACHER DOES DESERVE TO BE PUT ON A PEDESTAL BECAUSE I KNOW I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN A SCHOOL SETTING FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS AND ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO DECIDED THAT I WANTED TO GO BACK AND GET A TEACHING DEGREE. SO I DO KNOW HOW HARD THEY WORK. AND HOW MUCH THEY DO. I THANK THEM EVERYDAY THAT I SEE THEM WHEN I SEE THEM AND WHEN I CAN BECAUSE WHEN I BECOME A TEACHER I WOULD LIKE THE SAME IN RETURN. SO AS YOU CAN TELL I CAN REALLY TELL WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. IF I COULD TALK TO EVERY PARENT OUT THERE I WOULD TOO. BECAUSE THEY SHOULD KNOW HOW HARD THE TEACHERS WORK FOR THERE KIDS. WELL IT WAS REALLY NICE TALKING TO YOU.


On Oct 30th I commente on another one of Martha's story's where she wrote about Charter Schools.
She was saying that is was the answer to our country's education problems? A little further down she wrote no not really. She said that a lot of people have been watching the "Waiting for Superman" documentary and I guess from that movie have come to that conclusion that Charter Schools were better. It should them that children that put their future only in Charter Schools was a high level view. In the video the only school that was viewed apparently was a Charter School and all the children in the video lived near it. Martha also told us from the documentary that not all Charter Schools are wonderful because in the video it told her that. She then say that we need to open our minds our children and families are simply seeking schools that will educate their children. MArtha explains that people are simple escaping a failing school and for others it is to get into a school that does not track them based on information and allows them the same opportunity for education as it does everyone in the school. She then goes on by saying that there are people out there that are looking for Charter Schools and thinking that they are good schools but in all reality all schools are the same. It is just like the lottery. You just have to pick and choice and hope that you pick the right one for your child. Just because one is expensive doesn't mean that it is the best one for you.

And this is where I commented on it on Oct 30th .


Hi Martha! I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr Strange's EDM310 class. I was assigned to your blog this week. And I was reading this it was very interesting to me because I have three boy of my own and there education is very important to me. Along with there safety. However where my kids go to school and it is a public school it isn't all that bad they have good teachers and it is very safe. My boys never get in to fights and never cause fights so I am not worried about that I know that them are going to get there education. One school my be more expensive then the other but I don't know about better then the other because we have good teachers every where. And hopefully more to come. I too agree that the definition to a good school is where the students and teachers work together.

My comment will be posted on my blog, if you would like to look at it. nelsonvickiedm310.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment