Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blog Post 8










After watching This Is How We Dream Parts 1, I realize that the web is so much more helpful in finding information. Mr. Miller explains that all of his projects that he worked on were written with multi-media. He was able to quickly find information about our government rather than searching for it in a book or library. I believe that I am prepared to write in multi-media and that EDM 310 is helping me tremendously with it. If it wasn’t for this class I wouldn't know this much already.  Thank you so much Dr Strange.  I plan to teach my future students the importance of writing in multi-media because it will be their future also.

In the video This Is How We Dream Part 2, Mr. Miller discusses the different ways to write in multi-media. The information is updated instantly right before your eyes. Miller explains that there are people who make visual representation of a certain subject and how they collect the data to compose it. iTunes U is another wonderful thing that is available . Miller thinks that there will be a time that students will not only compose their information on word processor, but on "digital composing material". He explains that his publication was distributed through YouTube and within three months it was all over the web. If he would have just written and sent it off it wouldn't have come out until at least two years later. Miller states that this is a way to push ideas into our culture and we should all want to do that. He ends the video by talking about his dream to build a building into the building that he teaches in the building would bring together the best of the sciences and the best of the humanities.

I am willing to learn more about ways to write in multi-media and how to be better at it. As a teacher, that I hope I will be great at one day will be teaching my students how to be technologically advanced, I believe that it will be important to teach my students all about multi-media. I am eager to learn more about technology and what I can use in my classroom. This, I believe, will make me a better teacher.


 I believe that Carly does an excellent job at writing her blog post she is a creative and smart young lady. I loved her videos.  I also think that her idea of an assignment was quite interesting but time consuming. It fits Mr. Miller's hopes of writing in multi-media because everything assigned is through multi-media. It let the students explore the media by using other "digital composing material". It is a wonderful idea because it makes you look internally at what you want and how you want to help those students who you will have in your classroom. 


The Chipper Series /EDM310 For DUMMIES
I enjoyed both of these videos.  The first The Chipper Series was very cute. Procrastination is what a lot of people’s problems. I know that it is know of mine. With kids and work homework all was comes last. But I sure am trying to change that. And I see in the video Chipper learned her lesson too. The second video EDM310 for DUMMIES some days I wish there was a book. Because there are nights where I wish I could just open a book and it could talk me threw the steps. So I really sympathize with that video. 


Learn to Change, Change to Learn.
I have to agree with the arguments made in this video because I feel that "schools are like technology deprived." I can remember when I was in elementary school we only got to go to the computer lab once a week. It was a little disappointing because we all loved it so much. I believe that schools should incorporate all types of technology in the schools, starting in elementary.  If the federal system would stop taking the schools money I know that we would be able to have technology in all the schools. Computers and other technologies are such a part of children's lives. A statement made on the video”when you shut off a computer/cell phone you essentially shut off that student". It made me think that this is really true cause every kid now days have a phone or computer. It is really sad isn't it? 




1 comment:

  1. Hello Vicki, I would like to start off by sayinf what a wonderful post. I know we were almost in the first group project with eachother and now wish things wouldn't have changed because I think we could have learned a lot from eachother. But in terms of your post I really liked how you decorated the font to make it easy to read and you made many great points. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete