Monday, September 5, 2011

Dr. Randy Pausch’s video

After watching Dr. Randy Pausch's video I learned that you are going to need time management throughout your life. I have always just put things off and figured that I can do it later. But since Wednesday night’s class I have figured out that in order for me to be able to pass Dr. Strange's class I am going to have to be more prompt with my school work and stay on top of things. I also like that he mentioned that it's okay to fail, and with every mess up there is a learning experience. I must admit I have tried the to-do list and just fail and go on with something else but what I have realized that with this class I am going to have to start a to-do list and stick with it. So I am going to have to check that to-do list every day and not fall behind in this class so that I can stay with the program. However if I want the children to be prompt then I will have to follow the same rules. I had never heard of Randy Pausch before but I enjoyed his video and plan to watch some more of his talks. I definitely have a problem with time management and can use all the help I can get!

And yes sir I did watch some more of Dr. Pausch's video's it was very hard to watch because I would have never none that he was going to die. He is a very smart person and wish that I would have heard of him sooner. I have dealt with a lot of people in the past 5 years, that have past way with cancer and I am not very fond of cancer at all. My father was actually almost diagnosed with pancreatic cancer but as of right now he is cancer free. I know how very serious it is and hope to god that I will never have to come across that particular kind EVER.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Sarah Powell and I have a tendency to wait to the last minute to do my work. You were right about how this class is forcing us to change our bad habits. I do like your idea about writing things down but I still do not make the time to do it. I am just going to have to sit down and do it no matter what I have going on or what time it is.

    I also read your post about Dr. Pausch's and how he died of cancer. My grandfather died of cancer about two years ago. I was very sad to see him go and I will miss him. I am glad that your dad is cancer free and I hope that he stays cancer free.

    ReplyDelete