Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blog Assignment #3








It's Not About the Technology
By: Kelly Hines


The blog post "It's not about the Technology" by Kelly Hines explains that teaching is not just about technology. We need iPods, computers, wireless connection, blogs, and podcast. She explains that technology is a great tool but she doesn't agree that it should be the first thing we use in the classroom. She states that we should first recognize the need to change teaching and learning.  Hines goes on to explain that there are four things that every single teacher should recognize in order to positively and effectively impact the lives of the students of the new generation. The first thing is that teachers must be learners and be up to date on the current trends and tools. The second thing that Kelly Hines explains about is that teaching and learning is not the same thing. In the 21st century it is going to be about working smarter and not harder. She believes that if you teach something and student’s don't understand then it's useless. The third thing is that technology is useless without good teaching. When you put the money in the right teacher’s hand your classroom will be filled with lots of exciting things. Technology is a wonderful tool and can be used to your advantage. The last thing that Hines explains about is you should be a 21st Century teacher without using technology.

As I was reading this blog post, I began to realize how much I agreed with Kelly Hines. I believe that teachers should use the technology that is given to them in an effective and useful way. I have seen too many teachers let their technology go to waste because they don't want to learn how to use it. I also agree with the fact that we should teach our kids to relying on technology to help them work.


Is It Okay To Be A Technological Illiterate Teacher?
By: Karl Fisch


"Is It Okay to Be a Technological Illiterate Teacher" is a blog post explaining why teachers should have technological literacy. Karl Fisch explains all educators must have some sort of basic level use of technology and if you really need to cause it will really help. He goes on to explain that some people think that it's okay to not know how to work a computer. In today's society, all people should know some use of technology. Because in this time a day every job has some sort of computer stuff in it and you will eventually need to know it. Fisch explains that in the 1990's you could be successful and be technological illiterate. However, every year it is becoming harder and harder for people who are technological illiterate to be successful.

I believe that all teachers should be technological literate. We obviously live in a society where technology is all around and it keeps growing. Students should see that technology can advance their lives in many ways. In order for students to learn about technology, teachers must know how to teach it. So get with it teacher and learn learn learn....


Gary Hayes Social Media Count
By: Gary Hayes


It is crazy to see the numbers of the social media counts race in just seconds. It is hard to believe that technology is growing so fast in just one minute. I can't imagine what the numbers is going to like in just one day. The numbers are breath taking to me. For example, 63 hours of uploads on YouTube, 45,509,000 items shared on Face book, 143,469 Tweets on Twitter. This media count is a perfect example of what our society will be like in 10 to 20 years.

As a teacher, I believe that I should keep up with all of the social trends and share them with my students. For example, it is very important for teachers to show students what technology is capable of because those students are our future. 


Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today
By: Michael Wesch

The movie "A Vision of Students Today" is about students who don't seem to enjoy school. Different students hold up signs stating facts about what students really think about school. For example, one sign stated that the person had been on Face book during class and not listening. As a student I can understand from their point of view because I am always thinking of my bills, my kids, and husband, and how I am going to cope from pay check to paycheck. School sometimes is not the most exciting thing but I know that at the end I will be in a much better place. However, as a teacher's point of view it could be very frustrating. I would not be a happy teacher if I was teaching to a class of students who didn't care about school. I know sometime down the road I will have those types of students but hopefully I will have an exciting classroom that they can't wait to come in.


My C4C Comment to Dr.Strange
 
The C4C student I posted about spoke very well about each topic. There were a few grammar, capitalization, and punctuation errors but overall was very well written. I would prefer making it privately so that there are no embarrassing moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment