Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blog Assignment #1

      My name is Vicki Nelson and I live in Foley. I am married to a wonderful man hum I have known since I was thirteen that supports me and every way he knows how. We have been married for 16 years and we have three beautiful boys. My oldest boy is Aaron that is 15 and is in the 10th grade he loves to hunt, fish and work on his truck that he will soon be driving. My middle child is Brandon that is 11 and is in the 6th grade and loves to sing any song you would like for him to sing. He loves to be in drama classes and just recently joined the band and is learning to play the trumpet. Then my baby boy is Cody this is 7 1/2 months old he loves to crawl around and love on everyone. He is the love of my life. And was born be live it or not on New Years Day.!!!! :)
       I have always wonted to be a teacher but after I graduated school I stayed home with my two oldest boys instead of going back to school. Just 7 years ago I finally decide to go back and get my degree in teaching. I love spending time with children and teaching them. I currently work at Foley Middle School as a para-professional until I receive my degree. However I work with the multi-handicap children and that is where my heart lays. I love working with them cause I believe that no matter how handicap you are I think that you always have to potential to learn something.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are already active as an educator.

    1. You MUST put all parts of an assignment into a single post. It takes us 4-6 minutes extra if you do not do that and with 140 students that adds up to a lot. Go to your post about Dr. Pausch. Copy it. Come back to this post, edit it, and paste with a separating header.

    2. "my heart lays." Should be lies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vickie,
    I loved hearing about your children and your life. You are so ahead of many of us in teaching already. I love how much you love your family.I hope the best for you.

    ReplyDelete